Showing all 1 result
The brand name of Alprazolam is Xanax. The doctor prescribed this medicine for the treatment of anxiety and panic disorders. It comes under the benzodiazepines class, which affects the brain and nerves and the central nervous system. It also enhances the amount of a natural chemical GABA in the body.
Alprazolam comes in the form of oral solution, oral tablet, and oral tablet disintegrating, oral tablet extended-release.
There are some incidences which are unknown while taking Alprazolam like-
- General tiredness and weakness
- light-colored stools
- stomach pain, continuing
- upper right abdominal or stomach pain
Common side effects of Alprazolam are ataxia, cognitive dysfunction, constipation, and depression, difficulty in micturition, drowsiness, dysarthria, fatigue, headache, memory impairment, menstrual disease, nervousness, sedated state, skin rash, tremor, weight gain, weight loss, anxiety, blurred vision, diarrhea, insomnia, decreased libido, increased appetite, irritability, and reduced appetite.
Other side effects include
- Actions that are out of control
- the attack, assault, or force
- chest pain
- continuing ringing and buzzing and other unexplained noise in the ears
- decreased awareness or responsiveness
- deep or fast breathing with dizziness
- ear pain
- false or unusual sense of well-being
- fast, irregular, pounding and racing heartbeat or pulse
- feeling jittery
- feeling unusually cold
- generalized slowing of mental and physical activity
- hearing loss
- lack of feeling or emotion
- loss of control of the legs
- loss of strength or energy
- numbness of the feet, hands, and around the mouth
- severe sleepiness
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- sleep talking
- talking, feeling, and acting with excitement
- thoughts of killing oneself
- unusual weak feeling
- voice changes
There are Some side effects do not require medical attention. In case you observe these side effects in you, then call for emergency help.
Your health attendant will tell you how to reduce the chances of side effects in you, and not all the side effects need to occur on one person.
Use of Alprazolam
Consume this medicine by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor. The dosage of the drug depends upon your age, gender, and on your medical condition and also the response of your body towards the treatment. After considering all these points, your doctor will decide the best dose for you.
You may face some withdrawal symptoms if you suddenly stop the consumption of this medicine. To prevent this situation, your doctor will slowly lower your dose. Tell your health consultant if you face withdrawal symptoms.
This medicine may not work correctly if used for an extended period. Tell your health attendant if the medication stops working.
Overdose and its symptoms
When a person consumes more than the prescribed medicine, then this causes an overdose of the medication.
Symptoms of overdose are
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- red and irritated eyes
- red skin lesions, sores, ulcers, and white spots in the mouth and on the lips
- swelling of the breasts both females and males
- unexpected and excess milk flow from the breasts
Read the warning section carefully before taking medicine.
Do not give your medicine to someone else. Store this medicine in a safe place away from children and pets.
Do not take this Alprazolam with alcohol or any other alcoholic product.